Who we are :
Andy Procter, BSAC National Instructor and GSL at 1st Dinting (Glossop), plus an increasing number of snorkelling and Suba instructors who are able to run sub-aqua activities for Scouts.
What can we do:
- Land-based Snorkelling Activities shuch as Underwater Kim's game
- Pool-bases activities. Either by putting Groups in touch with local diving clubs who are willing to provide this on their club night with or without extra intructor support from us, or if a suitable pool is available running the activity ourselves as part of a Group activity such as a camp.
- Try snorkelling - recommend a lower age limit of 8.
- Try SCUBA - recomend a lower age limit of 12, medical disclaimer is required.
- Put Groups in touch with local clubs who would be wilcoming towards Explorer Scouts doing sub-aqua activity towards DofE.
- Facilitate Leaders, Network and Explorer Scouts accessing Snorkel Instructor Training.
- Eventually, run diving expeditions for qualified divers in scouting
How to contact us: GMEsubaqua@gmescouts.org.uk